Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUC settlement issue

manish_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

Frnds

I have craeted one internal order and have booked some expenses for building.

and now i need to settle it to AUC and for that i used T-code Ko88 and was successfull. but not since i am ready to capitalized the asset and reday to use it , i need to Settle it to Main asset.

do i need to again run Ko88 to settle it to main asset from AUC?

and there are two more T-code AIAB and AIBU, which is also for the settlement of AUC. then wht is the difference between Ko88 settlement and AIAB and AIBU?

please let me asap

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

For your to understand the differences between how transaction code <b>AIAB</b> and <b>AIBU</b> works, i would suggest you read the document below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil46csp2/helpdata/EN/4f/71e7cd448011d189f00000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

Also, for the understanding of <b>KO88</b>, please read the below document too.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil46csp2/helpdata/EN/a9/ab77be414111d182b10000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Jacob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you need to run again KO88 to settle it to main asset.

When you run KO88 with process type "Automatic" the following entry will be passed

Dr AUC a/c Cr Expense a/c

When you run again KO88 with process type "full settlement" the following entry will be passed

Dr Main Asset a/c Cr AUC a/c

before doing this you need to create "settlement rule" for AUC. Hope you know how to make settlement rule

There is a difference between settlement between KO88 and AIAB and AIBU

KO88 --> is used to settle the AUC trhough internal order. Here the AUC asset class is 4001. You cannot settle this AUC through AIAB and AIBU. You can only settle this thorugh internal order.

AIAB and AIBU --> When you are booking the expenses directly to AUC, the cost accumulated in AUC are settled thorugh this AIAB and AIBU. Here the AUC asset class is 4000. You can set the settlement rule before settling the AUC to main asset and partial settlement is possible here. Here line item settlement is also possible.

Radha

manish_patel3
Participant
0 Kudos

hi radha

i have one internal order and it was settled to AUC last year and now user wants to settle it to main asset in this fiscal year.

while settling it to main asset, i am getting following error"first settle itemsfrom the previous year in the previous year"

so cann't we settle internal order this year?

please let me know

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi matt,

In KO88 you have the options settlement period, posting period, fiscal year and asset value date. The posting period, settelement period and asset value date may be different, i.e. you can give one posting period and settlement period other and asset value date is some other date, but all must be in the same fiscal year. So for your case, you can give asset value date as last day of the previous fiscal year.

If you want to settle current fiscal year, there may be some other solution.... try it....

Create an asset under 4001 class... in the internal order give this asset in the settlement rule... run the KO88 in the last fiscal year and give last day of the previous fiscal year as asset date. So in the beginning of this year you have AUC balance in your 4001 asset class AUC. Now this can be settled whenever you want, any date you can give, any amount can be settled. Use AIAB and AIBU for this AUC settlement

If can change the settlement rule, try this it will satisfy your client requirement

Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Here are the flow :

1. Create Internal Order

2. Settle the expense from Internal order to AuC using KO88

3. Settle the AuC to Fixed/Main asset using AIAB and AIBU.

Regarding to your question :

For first question => You shouldnot run KO88 again when you want to settle from AuC to Fixed asset.

For Second Question => <i>KO88</i> is used when you need to <i>settle from Internal Order to AuC</i>. Otherwise <b>AIAB and AIBU</b> are used when you need to <b>settle from AuC to Fixed Asset</b>.

Hope it can help.