cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSA Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning

One of my colleagues left the company and had scheduled jobs to run under his name in Solution Manager (his area of responsibility). I am still getting my footing in Solution Manager and have had some difficulty changing a couple of SM jobs to run under a batch user. The jobs are:

SM:CSA SESSION REFRESH

SM:CSA UPDATE TASKSTATUS

SM:SOLMAN MONITORING

SM:TMWFLOW_CMSSYSCLO

I saw a thread out there about changing the period/frequency of the SM:CSA SESSION REFRESH but have not been able to find any detials on how to change the job itself. Worst case I can delete these jobs and recreate them, but because of my 'newbie-ness' with Solution Manager - I am a little afraid. Any suggestions/links to documentation would be greatly appreciated and I will reward points. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After much research, I finally figured out how to correct this issue. In short, refer to SAP Note 894279 for instructions on the Solution Manager - specific background job SM:Scheduler.

A batch user was created for jobs to run under: SMP_USER

Deleted the SM:SCHEDULER job and a few other jobs that were in a released state.

Changed SMP_USER to a Dialog user and set an initial password. Logged in and created job SM:SCHEDULER in sm36 using the parameters specified in the Note above. Finally I logged out and logged back in with my user. Then changed SMP_USER to a service user.

If you deleted SM:* jobs they will automatically be recreated by SM:SCHEDULER. It took some time for the jobs to stabilize and catch up with all of the daily jobs.