cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGEN and Patch Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our ECC 5.0 Development system was last updated in january with stack 13 and know we are planning to upgrade it to stack 16.

The problem is that there are some objects left to be generated after the last stack upgrade. Know when I just hit SGEN a message is displayed "There are 75.299 objects from an earlier selection to be generated".

What should I do here start importing the new patches and then execute SGEN OR first finish with the remaining objects to be generated, then apply new stack and then again SGEN.

Also, should I release all the requests before generating the pending objects in SGEN. and what should be status of requests before appling patches should all the requests be released or if some are left we can continue with appling patch and SGEN.

Thanks

Parvez Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parvez,

1> generate all the earlier objects.

2> we should start importing the new patches and complete it.

3> release all the othe objects first.

4> then only run SGEN to take effect.

Thank you.

Regards,

Manomeet

• Award points if helpful **

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parvez,

I would suggest that you first do a SGEN, then import and then SGEN again.Safest option.

Before support pack import ensure all transports having standard SAP object changes <b>locked</b> in them should be released.No need to be bothered about non standard ones too much as support packs or SGEN wont affect them directly.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Thanks for the update. Before starting support pack import I will check with ABAPERS for locked SAP objects and release them.

However can I proceed with the generation of pending objects in SGEN without checking for locked objects. Will the scheduled SGEN processing stop and get cancelled in case some objects are locked.

Also there are some requests created long back which were not released can I delete those as it were created by the ABAPERS who had left the organization.

Do I need to check for Object Status before deleting such requests.

Thanks

Parvez Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Parvez ,

<b>However can I proceed with the generation of pending objects in SGEN without checking for locked objects. Will the scheduled SGEN processing stop and get cancelled in case some objects are locked</b> -> Yes you can continue the SGEN

<b>Also there are some requests created long back which were not released can I delete those as it were created by the ABAPERS .</b> -> It is pure depend on Business requirement , still you can discuss the same with Functional / ABAPer .

Regards ,

Santosh