Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to idetify field values for a T-Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

iam new to this securities.can you anybody plese tell me how to idetify Authorization Object to a T-Code?if i go to Authorization in a role i can see few T-codes under one Authorization object.for example if u have 4 t-codes in a auth obj there will be 3-4 fileds(repeating 3-4 times) my question is how to identyfy the correct field vlaue to a Tcode.

It will be a great help if anybody help me in this issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use tcode SU24 - just enter the tcode and you will find a list of auth objects - the ones that are set up as check / maintain are the objects that are defaulted in PFCG and checked for that tcode. There is also a button on this screen which shows you the default field values.

0 Kudos

hi Thanqs for u'r quick reply.i can i can find T-code to authrization object.but what my problem is to idetify the T-code to field value.

for example we have 4 tocdes in a autho obj nad there will be field values repaeating 4 times.how to idetify correct field value to Tcode.

and if i wnat to create all authorization for Plant Maintainence(PM) can i copy from SAP_ALL and deactivate everything(100) except only one auth obj- PM or do i need to keep any thing else?

0 Kudos

Yes, I mentioned that if you want the field values for that tcode you can get them by selecting the field values button. For example, put in ME21N and you will get the auth objects M_BEST_WRK with activities 1, 2, 3, 8, and 9.

Plant Maintenance role - yes that can be done - not really recommended - but you will need to deactivate everything except auth object S_TCODE and the auth objects under PM class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank JC for your reply.like that i can find for SAP standard values.but if i changed the values then how to identify correct field values.

and what is the differnce betweern changed nad maintained?

thanks again for u'r reply

0 Kudos

The defaulted values from SAP will be inserted as "standard". The difference between changed and maintained is that with maintained it means that there was a blank value (yellow) and you maintained it. But let's say the value was 02 and you added 03 value, then it will be set to "changed".