cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Upgrade Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guyz,

Im doing a kernel upgrade on my machine (4.7EE, Oracle 8.1, windows 2003 Server), i have Uncarred the files and when i try to overwrite them, it says some files are being used. I have shutdown the MMC and none of the Workprocesss are running. How do i know which files are being used and how do i overcome this problem??

Thanx in advance

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

go to Start --> run and type services.msc and check if the services SAPSID_SYS_NUMBER is stopped (for example if ur SID is DOK and Sys Nr is 00 then it should be SAPDOK_00). Also check for the SAPOSCOL service.

At times you might need to change the startup type of these services to Manuall. so that they so not startup automatically.

And while ovewriting the kernel (...../exe/run) it will prompt you the file name which is busy. So incase if you still have probs do paste that file name too....

Please make sure that you respond to and acknowlede if yiour query has been resolved or you still looking for further alternate solutions.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u all for ur valuable inputs. SAPOSCOL is still running.That was the Problem.

Thanx

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vedam,

All the above experts had given the relevant suggestions .

Always take a backup of ur kernel before upgrading it... for your problem

go on to services and manually stop all the sap and oracle services

also stop your database from OS level.

Regards,

Jafer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check all the oracle process are stoped.

Chandra..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vedam ,

Pls ensure that saposcol is not running.

Regards

Umesh

former_member618758
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most of time your sap<sid>_00 service still running, you need to shutdown this as well, you can check it by going to settings> control panel> Administrative tools> services.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

George