cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS and workstation application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using Easy DMS. Each time we copy a file from e.g. my documents we need to choose the workstation application. As long as we only use Easy DMS I do not see the point of it... Is it possible to avoid? If is not? What do I need to customize to make it work properly? Directly from DMS when I try to display the file I get an error saying that this file does not have a program which can execute the function.

Regards Camilla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Camilla,

please check SAP note 918039 and create the FM 'Z_EASYDMS_GETWS_APPLICATIONS'. Please follow exactly the mentioned steps in the note and then EasyDMS should take the settings from DC30 transaction in the backend automatically. So please create this function module and after activating it, the application should be selected automatically.

Please also reset the RFC Cache in EasyDMS.

Additionally please verify that in transaction DC30 the correct entries for the different file formats are maintained.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for late reply, but this solved my problem! Thank you

C

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in easyDMS when you chose the WS, there is a checkbox, which can be set so that for the particular file extension that WS will be used each time.

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

This I of course have noticed, but this you have to do for each file type. If you do not choose the correct file type you can not open the file in DMS (but as said is does not impact easy DMS).

Regards Camilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

with the file extension easyDMS makes a search in the settings mentioned in the backend transaction dc30. So, say for extension .doc you have defined two WS appl which have this entry, then easyDMS will show two possible ws appl type to chose from.So, to avoid this you can have only one entry in dc30 for each file type, then easydmS will chose that one entry by default and wont show the other ws appl to chose.

Regards,

Anu