cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a project in Inactive DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to modify the ESS application. I have created track and imported the needed components (DI BUILD 7.0, JTECH 7.0, ESS 100, PCUI 100, JEE 7.0). After I imported the configuration in NWDS. I see those on the Active DC. SOme how I am not able to see them in Inactive dc. Can any one please suggest the soulution. Is that because of permissions or does it have to do with FPM.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were the Software Components added to the track as "for development"?

I know that in all our tracks when we look on the inactive tab we don't see the three default SAP Software components there because they're setup by Basis as reference only in the track.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate on it? I don't remember adding them as development. Where do we have this option? ALso, here I want to modify the ess software component.

THanks.

Message was edited by:

James B

Former Member
0 Kudos

James. I'm not a Basis guy so I can't tell you exactly what they do but I do know it's a step in the process of defining a track and specifying which Software Components are part of the track.

I'll ask one of our Basis guys and post what I find out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That would really help. Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James. The Basis guy tells me that (creating the track and specifying which Software Components to use AND how to use them) is done with the Change Management Service.

To my knowledge, you can add an SC as one of two types one of which is "for development". Still waiting to find out the exact term for the other type.

What you're describing makes me think maybe your SC was not defined as "for development"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When we create or define a track we do not add any required SCs. As per my knowledge Each developed SC has some dependencies(required SCs) defined for it. So when we create the track we just add the developed SC and the required SCs automatically come into the track if the dependencies are maintained in the SLD.

If you are seeing them in Active DCs then James is right. Those SCs are active SCs that is defined as required SC for your developed SC.

I think in CMS there is a checkbox for Developed SCs where it is checked for Developed SCs and unchecked for Required SCs. We never edited that check box. Do you see anything in inactive DCs? If yes please check if the SCs u see in active are defined as dependencies for the one you see in inactive.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry! Replace James by David in the above message

Answers (0)