Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass parameter from dynamic navigation iView to WebDynpro iView

Bernd78003
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know there are a lot of threads dealing with passing paramters from EP to WebDynpro using EPCM but actually I didn´t find a solution for my problem.

I have in the dynamic navigation area of the SAP Portal an iView based on a JSP dynpage. In the corresponding JSP I fire an EPCM-event:

EPCM.raiseEvent("urn:test.de:wochenb" , "passDataToWebDynpro" , evtData);

In the content area there is a WebDynpro iView. In this WebDynpro-application I subscribe to the event in the wdDoInit-method of a view:

WDPortalEventing.subscribe("urn:test.de:wochenb" , "passDataToWebDynpro" ,wdThis.wdGetDataFromJSPDynpageAction());

and I have an event-handler:

public void onActionDataFromJSPDynpage(com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDCustomEvent wdEvent, java.lang.String dataObject )

{

//@@begin onActionDataFromJSPDynpage(ServerEvent)

IWDMessageManager manager = wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager();

manager.reportSuccess("EPCM event testing " + dataObject);

//@@end

}

My problem is now that the event is fired correctly by the JSP Dynpage but the event-handler of the WebDynpro is never executed.

As info: the domain of the J2EE-Server the webdynpro-application is deployed to is identical to the J2EE-Server the portal runs on.

Can anybody help ?

Thanks !

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Bernd78003
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found the solution by myself.

For information: Click in the dynamic navigation fires the event und forces the content afterwards to refresh. During the refresh the WebDynpro subscribes to the event in the wdDoInit-Method. This is to late because the event is fired before the refresh.

My solution is to use a setTimeout before the event-triggering in the dynamic navigation iView.

Regards,

Bernd