cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. assignment depending on Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I am trying to configure Service Desk Scenario. I have maintained one Organization in PPOMA_CRM. Inside that organization, I have created two teams for eg. one for CRM and one for SRM.

My question is,

Is it possible for me to assign separate set of message no. intervals (for the messages created) to each of the team being in the same organization? Where to do the configuration for assignment of message no interval to respective teams?

If not, do I have to create another organization and then assign assign separate message no. interval? After creating this organization, how to assign this organization to Rule 13200137 i.e. CRM_DNO_1?

Suitable points would be rewarded.

Regards,

Naresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Saw the message very late. The only solution possible in your case is to have 2 transaction types (If you really want to differentiate between the two). Else, if you are using the BSP transaction to create the notifications(Service Messages), then we can enhance that by adding additional fields as business partners (Basically Organizational Units ) For eg : If the user from Australia cretes the message, then the Org Unit is AUStratila and if the user from Germany creating it then the org unit is Germany.

Creating 2 trasaction types is not a small task. We have to make sure through some BADI that when the users create the service message , it creates with the proper transaction type. (NOTIF_CREATE transaction)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Naresh/Manfred,

Number ranges are unique to a transaction type.

From this i mean single transaction type cannot have two diffrent number ranges, which means that your requirement is technically not feasible.

Your best bet is to have two different transaction type altogther so that their number ranges are diffrent.

Number ranges are created using tcode: crm_nr_ra_service.

Then this newly created number range must be assigned to your transaction type

Path: SPRO->SOLUTION MANAGER-> scenario specific settings-> service desk-> general settings-> define transaction types..

Please reward for usefull answer.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i fully agree with you, but can you keep me informed about the needed customizing therefore?

I have strong feelings that the creation of an new transaction type is only one part of the needed customizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know how to solve the question?

I have a similar problem based on the fact that I have 2 big end user groups within different time zones. Europe and Australia. And I also want to create different message number ranges for each user group.