cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Data Collection Methods in CCMS/RZ20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

There are lot of Montoring Objects for which there are no data collection methods already assigned which I am trying to do.

I am able to do method assignments only to data analysis and auto reaction methods but not " data collection " which remains in display only mode even after using the edit option,

Kindly let me know how to proceed.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the past there was the option to change the data supplier. After several customers accidentally entered analysis or auto-reaction methods, the changed that to read-only, because its completely preconfigured - no need to change. And: you cannot know the name of a data supplier to be entered.

NO METHOD does not mean: There is no data supplier. There are a lot of MTEs being refreshed with data, although there is NO METHOD being entered. These MTEs are refreshed by so called active data suppliers - they run independently from the CCMS Moni Infra.

Example: Syslog. Data collection method: NO METHOD. Real data supplier: The SAP kernel, which reports into syslog (when there is something to be reported) and into CCMS in parallel. All changes to that MTE would cause a problem in data supplying.

So please feel free to open a n SAP call, whenever an MTE in CCMS is white (no data), and you are interested in that information. Sometimes we disable data supplying by default - then we can tell you how to enable it.

Best regards

Christoph Nake

PM CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the details. I would open an SAP call for this.

Regards,

Sandeep.

0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

In our system, somehow wrong methods, which are MI_CLTABAUTODEL and MI_CLTABAUTODEL_TRACE that are released as autoreaction methods, have been assigned as a data supplier, causing CCMS error of "not released as a data collection method". Are there any way to correct this situation?

Regards,

Harumi Shibata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harumi,

Did you ever find out what to do about the MI_CLTABAUTODEL and MI_CLTABAUTODEL_TRACE errors in the CCMS Self Monitoring? Thanks,

David