cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leap Year 2008 in APO demand planning SCM 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have anyone encountered any issue of NOT having wk 53/2008 for there forecasting year? Is there a 53/2008 in the 0CALWEEK infoobject in APO's DP?

Any thoughts or how you addressed this issue would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first week53 is in Year 2009 and the next in 2015. Based on my understanding it typically happens when 28th Dec happens to be a Monday. Not sure if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is some more info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think the standard is - the week number 1 for a year is the week in which the <b>first thursday of the year</b> falls.

1 jan 2009 being a thursday is week1 of 2009 bu also takes away the rest of the days of 2008 - mon, tue and wed and leaves 2008 with 52 weeks

you might like to read section 7.7 and 7.8 of this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish! We actually know about this ISO standard. I guess I should clarify my question alittle bit more.

From your demand planner's/forecast analyst's perspective, does this make sense -- that they only have 52 weeks in 2008?

I understand that it is the way it is from an SAP perspective -- I just want to get some insight how other companies managed this from a business perspective?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio-

There is no week 53 for the next year. I have that setting and i only see 52 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh!

Is this an issue for your forecasters/demand planners? 2008 is a leap year. How do you manage your forecasts? Period or Week Level?

Do you have any interfaces that you send forecasts to, like CRM or BW? Does cause any issues for you since there is no Wk 53/2008?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also if youi dont mind my asking -- what industry are you in? We are currently wokring with SAP and they are indicating that no one else has this issue.

If you can email me directly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio -

this is not an issue with my forecasters or demand planners. i am managing it at the week level. I am sending the data back to BW and there is no such issue with the BW also.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting. BY chance do you load data from BW to APO or CRM to APO or other systems to APO -- do you receive 2008 data at a week level? Does BW send wk 53? What we are seeing is that the infoobject 0CALWEEK in APO do not have wk 53/2008. But in our non-APO BW instance or other systems -- they generate wk 53/2008 (e.g. CRM provides us with Wk 53/2008). BUt since APO do not have wk53/2008 it is ending abnormally.

I'm curious on how you are configured -- would you mind showing a picture of one of your planning areas (either via Listcube?) and show the last 4 weeks in 2008 and 1st 2 weeks in 2009? And maybe show the last 4 weeks in 2009 as well?

I can share the same if you like.