cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance for Vehicle Resource Capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In practical scenario, it is possible that a vehicle with a capacity of 9.0 To can be overloaded by 1 To or 2 TO. Is there any possibility to define tolerance or may be range for the capacity of Vehicle Resource?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sandeep Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member788297
Participant
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

In resource master ( //RES01 )if you make finite flag ON for Vehicle resource, there is no option to consider the tolerance by Vehicle Scheduling optimizer.

Regards,

Chava

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either way, those fields are only for alerts.

There is no way to define tolerance...

Are you using SNP optimizer? Then you could use variants.

Ken Snyder

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can define overload and minimum load % in resource master. Not sure if you can do in absolute terms though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for the info. In which fields can I define this in Resource Master?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Under SNP Bucket Capacity tab, planning parameters section there are fields for overload and minimum. they are primarily used for defining alerts. If you want the planning engine to use the overload and min parameters, I suppose you should defined capacity variants for that with appropriate capacities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

We define the TP/VS vehicle resources under Vehicle tab & not under SNP Bucket tab. In Vehicle tab, there is no such field to define the overload.

Your comments on this please ?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep

usually we define Capacity variant 02 as max capacity and variant 03 as min capacity. 01 is standard. Am not sure if you are using optimizer or heuristics. One may have to explore probably development options if standard functionality does not keep the capacity within range.

hope this helps

srinivas