Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Type Issue

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

The Button "Services for object" appears on User screen only when the User type is "Dialog"

If we change the User Type to "Service" it does not appear.

How is User Type affecting the visibility of a button?

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/622464">SAP Note 622464</a> provides an overview on the user types and the implications on the ability to use SAPGUI respectively the ability / requirement to change passwords (and the ability to obtain logon tickets in exchange to valid credentials).

Unfortenately, I do not understand what you are referring to with the "button 'Services for object'" - where does this button occur? It might be a good idea to determine the application in charge and to submit an inquiry (with the corresponding message component) to SAP.

Regards, Wolfgang

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Service user type allows multiple logon. The system does not check for expired and initial passwords. For example, the Service user is used for anonymous system access in the internet. The session started anonymously can later be continued as a personal session with a dialog user.

Well from my take that button is for a service user to continue a session. When you are a dialog user you are not able to do that.

Regards,

Paul

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/622464">SAP Note 622464</a> provides an overview on the user types and the implications on the ability to use SAPGUI respectively the ability / requirement to change passwords (and the ability to obtain logon tickets in exchange to valid credentials).

Unfortenately, I do not understand what you are referring to with the "button 'Services for object'" - where does this button occur? It might be a good idea to determine the application in charge and to submit an inquiry (with the corresponding message component) to SAP.

Regards, Wolfgang