cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS ECL viewer error for DWG and WRL file format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am using ECL viewer 5.1 for DMS. I am able to open the *.jt and *.stl file format, but when I am opening the *.dwg and *.wrl file format, the viewer screen in opening but I am unable to see the drawing or object. The screen is clear and does not contains any object or drawing.

I have applied note no 741388.

Please help.

Hemant Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

for ECL Viewer 5.1.3 the AutoCAD version up to 2006 are supported. ECL Viewer 6 supports also AutoCAD 2007 version.

Further please check if you have maintained the correct mime-type in transaction DC30 for the applications. You will find the mime-types in note 933934.

It could also be helpful if you upgrade to the latest available SAPGUI patch level.

Best regards,

Christoph

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Hermant,

I would recommend you to use the latest available ECL Viewer version which is 6.0 at the moment.

Please see SAP note 1083901 which contains the link where the new ECL Viewer could be downloaded and note 1086427 which explains the supported file formats for ECL Viewer 6.0. Please get sure that you un-install the former ECL Viewer Version before you install the ECL Viewer 6.0.

To grant a correct display of *.jt and *.stl files please maintain also the correct mime type in transaction DC30 for the affected workstation application. Please see the correct mime types in SAP note 933934.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also check whether the file formats you are using are supported with ECL or not. the file extension can be .dwg but it can be Autocad 2000, 2005 etc.

Regards,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

I have maintained the correct mime types for application like *wrl and *.dwg. But still same error is coming.

Also I tried with ECL viewer 6 , but when i try to open even *.jt file it gives error that unable to open application. I have checked the related notes and reinstall SAP GUI again without ECL viewer component but still problem persist.

So I switched back to ECL viewer 5.3 again.

Which are to Auto CAD versions supported by ECL viewer?

Thanks for your earlier reply.

Regards,

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hemant,

I am also facing the same problem.

Issue is when a system which has Autocad installed in that the ecl viewer opens the cad data but those systems in which cad is not installed the eai viewer alone gets open with out the display of autocad data.

if you have solved the issue kindly share with me.

Regards,

Murali.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to DC30 transaction and check the MIME types. For Auto CAD it should be " image/vnd.dwg".

As DWG is always a 2D format , change workstation application (path and program name ) to 'EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1%SAP-CONTROL%' for display, change and print.

This should resolve your problem.

Reward point if it is helpful

Regards,

Hemant