cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple values for a field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the vendor repository, i have fields like Phone No, Fax Number, Email addresss which should hold multiple values. i.e One vendor may have have multiple phone no's or email address. How should this be managed. Is it by the Qualifier table or how ? Because i dont want to have Phone No 1, Phone No 2 etc .

Thanks in Advance !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the scenario you mention (the Vendor repository), both the Phone Number and Fax Number fields are links to corresponding Qualified Lookup tables. These are inherently multi-value fields.

Just for the sake of clarity - with the exception of Measurement type fields, it is only lookup fields that can be set to have multiple values. Refer to the matrix <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/1f/2ddb4203d82b78e10000000a155106/content.htm">here</a>.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arumugam,

please flag yes in multi-valued setting. In your case you don't need to use qualified tables.

Regards,

Vito

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arumugam,

If you have all value sin one single field (e.g. the complete phone number), you can use Charan's approach. If you want to separate the information, e.g. you've got one field for the phone country code, one for the number, one for an appendix, you should use the qualified lookup table.

BR Michael

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arumugam

Its quite simple, just when you create a filed for phone no or fax number or any other filed , which requires multiple values, just in the console select Multi-valued option as yes. when you make a filed as Multi valued you can have more than one value for that filed.

Hope this will solve your problem,if not please let me know.

Regards,

CHARAN