cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing AIX Machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to install sAP on a AIX Box.

Pls let me know the steps of how to connect to the Aix Box.

Also let me know whether i will be getting a GUI in AIX Box, so that i can click on SAPINSt manully and proceed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

To make it simple if u have VNC installed

just try this

Which vncserver ( this will display a path)

Copy and paste the path and press enter (this will give you the diplay number along with the host name)

Now you can open VNC viewer and type in hostname:Displaynumber, u will the GUI now. you can start your installation from here

TO connect to AIX for other purpose you can use SecureCRT .

Hope it helps

Gerard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You Can use Xmanager tool to access the AIX Host.

Its very user freindly. You hv to install it on your windows PC ad configure it with IP/Hostname etc of your AIX server.

Regards

Umesh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You can connect to a AIX box via a telnet client or using putty.

You'll not get a gui... you'll need to move the installation files to AIX and then kick SAPinst using commands... you'll need an Xserver in order to see the sapinst screens...

This is all described in detail at the installation manual.. although some basic knowledge of AIX is definately needed.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls explain what is XServer. Is it a front end tool to be installed in my machine to view the SAPGUI

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

XServer is a tool that will allow you to display the graphic interphase of SAPinst during the installation of SAP in your AIX box.

You can use software like Reflexion / Hummingbird or even download some freeware Xserver from the web

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls confim whether this is a front end tool or not

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes... this is a tool you'll install in your PC.

Regards

Juan