cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA and role assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

I have a CUA configured where I want the profile and the role assignment to be distributed global from the central system. I can create new roles with PFCG assign, users there, but I don’t see these new roles in the user details in SU01.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

CUA distribute the changes via IDOC's to the children system... so if they are not been delivered check for errors using transaction SCUL and also BD87

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is on one machine:

Client A is the central cua system.

Here I call PFCG create a new Role with some auth. objects.

Now I assign this role to a user B in client A... still in transaction PFCG.

If I check the roles of user B, I can not see this just created role on the "Roles" tab in SU01.

My issue is not a distribution problem, because everything happens on the same client... at least I think so.

???

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

After assigning the users to the role at PFCG... click on "user comparision" until its green

That may help you...

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Seems pretty simple to me. Since it is a new role you need to do a text comparision.

In the central system of CUA execute the report SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES in SE38 transaction.

In receiving systems give all the systems that are part of CUA including the central system (in this particular case only central system can be input since the new role is present in central system) Now execute it and then do the role assignment wither through SU01 or PFCG once again. Check once more.

After every new role creation this report needs to be executed. This is what is known as Text comparison of roles which can also be done in SU01. Check for the pushbutton for text comparision under tabsrtip Roles within SU01.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

thank you very much. That was the missing link!

Regards,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you made proper configuration for the distribution of data in SCUM T-code.

Regards,

Prem