cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode 2004sr1 32bit kernel software error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Iam installing ECC6 SR1 and dont need to use unicode ,i have unticked the unicode option but its asking me for the unicode dvd of which in the software package is not there.

Was ir supposed to be shipped with the package ?i have checked on swdc but there isnt a dvd for linux 32bit unicode kernel for 2004sr1?

am i missing something here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

maybe you are also installing double stack (including an J2EE engine)?

in this case the unicode kernel cd is needed for the installation of the J2EE SCS as J2EE is unicode only.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats very correct.I need to enable the Bw fuctionality so if understood correctly its need java installed as well or comes as default.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may search swdc for:

this should contain the actueal SR2 kernel.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

so can one use SR2 kernel software on SR1 realease software?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you can use "SR2" kernel on an SR1 installation, but I would avoid doing this while installing. use the SR1 kernel, then, upgrade to latest kernel which is post-SR2 level.

SR1 and SR2 kernel are just newer kernel level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

in http://service.sap.com/swdc download area you will only find the latest released SR as Kernel CD / DVD.

In general I recommend to install SR2 (complete installation) instead of SR1 to avoid the patch play of the SAP internal components after completing the installation.

That's the reason why SR's are created at all.

regards

Peter

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Peter, then he should not only use the SR2 kernel but the whole SR2 CD/DVD kit... and then download latest files from sapnet.

Answers (0)