sudeep dhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have an option to deploy from NWDS, you need to know the SDM password, else you would need to create an ear file and your basis person should help you out with the deployment using sdm.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

chandravadhan,

pls tell me the option to deploy using NWDS,

in NWDS what server IP and port should i specify to deploy

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message server will be the host name of the server where you want to deploy the application, and the port corresponding to it, get this information from your basis person.

To do the above setting go to menu Window->Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine, there you will find an option to specify the message server name and the message server host, enter the details there.

When your project is built and ready for deployment, it will ask you for a SDM password, basis should provide you with these details too. Once it is done, you should be able to deploy your module.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Go thorugh these links

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003237612005E/HowToCreateAdapterModules.pdf

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003237612005E/HowToCreateAdapterModules.pdf

Another method is to go to the deploy service in Visual Admin. Here, it will ask for the ejb file. Provide it and deploy it using the 'Deploy' option on the rt hand side. Once it gets deployed, u hv to start the application by clicking the 'Start Application' again on he rt hand side.

***************Reward points if helpfull************

Former Member
0 Kudos

dinesh,

how do i start visual admin,

is there any way other than using visual admin

since i dont have easy access to it,

anyways, how can i access Visual Admin from my local machine, is there any software used to access visual admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start Visual admin you first need to have authorizations to server login at OS level. then only you can login to Visual Admin.

Once you login to server then you you will find a file go.bat on the desktop or which will be usually lying in the folder /usr/sap/SYSname/J2ee/admin(check the exact path once) then you will have this go.bat file there

Regards,

Kumar.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The visual admin resides at the XI server itself. To start this u have to run the go.bat file present at the folder path specified in last reply.

There is no other way to deply on XI server except Visual Admin and NWDS

The access of visual admin can be done only at the location where XI is installed. But still if u want to access it from ur machine, u may use any Remote Desktop tools to access the XI desktop at ur machine.

Regards,

Prateek

Message was edited by:

Prateek Srivastava