cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Server Proxies - Fault Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use ABAP server proxy to create a PO on an R/3 system.

This is done in an asynchronous interface. When the function that creates the PO returns an error we raise a fault in the server proxy. However when this occurs the fault is not passed to the XI. There the message is successfully processed. When we look at the integration engine on the R/3 system itself there we find the exception.

Is there a way to pass this fault to the XI server? Or should I define my interface a synchronous for this?

Greetings,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In the asynchronous case, you can see a fault message in the monitoring of the Exchange Infrastructure. For example, in technical monitoring you can display the fault message in a more readable format by choosing <i>Further Information on Error</i>.

And in the synchronous case, you can integrate a format of this type into your application on the caller side by using the method CL_PROXY_FAULT=>SHOW.

Regards

Arpit Seth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was also expecting to see the application fault in the XI, eg in transaction sxmb_moni. But now I only see it in the Integration Engine of the R/3 system. It seems that XI passes the message to the Integration engine of the R/3 system and when this is done correctly it sets the status on 'Message Processed'. Then the Integration Engine of the R/3 engine takes over the processing of the message and invokes the proxy.

Maybe I still need to set some parameters?

Greetings,

Bart