cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

certified SAP professionals

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a question addressed to all SAP experienced professionals/implementation partners.

My question is how does SAP help certified consultants in their career.

I feel that inspite of charging very high fees for training and certification, SAP is not interested in helping/ guiding the certified consultants.

The only interest is to make big bucks from education.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

SAP is suited for this question to reply but some of my quick thoughts on ur questions:

SAP has many ways of teaching way such as e-learning, classroom sessions, SDN (forums,wiki,blogs,articles etc.). Its all depend which one you look for. SAP charges people who are goign for e-learning sessions provided by SAP Education or classroom sessions. If you are really dedicated and want to leanr then you can learn though web as well as there are thousands of whitepapers are available on SDN and on other portals which covers alomost each small topic of SAP and they do not charger anything instead of it. The biggest and best thing from SAP is SDN Forum: post any of your question and you will get answer instantly.

Its all depend which way of learning you are choosing either paid leaning or free source of learning. I do agree with you that SAP course charges are little higher but thats the fees of the course and they have to manage many things as costly trainer, intrastructure, server availability and many more things so they charger little bit higher (all the SAP management stuffs) but for this SAP should not be blamed. People all are aware that these courses are costly and they enrol themselves for it even the cost is higher as the market is very good of SAP. In my poinion if you think that fees is higher then go through the non-paid mode of learning.

SAP also provides their enroled people a user ID through that they can access service marketplace and this is one service provided by sap for the person who paid the fees. I do not think SAP is a consultant or should work like a consultant to place people after giving training.

Regards,

Subhasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP is in the business to make profits and not for charity. That said, SAP Certification is a base on which SAP Partners judge the proficiency of a person. A certification is definetly an advantage when people at same level are compared. So

be positive and look on the many more advantages of certification .

Assign points if the same is useful to you

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

I am not sure what you mean by your questions. How does SAP help consultants get certified for there career? Does that mean consultants that work for SAP? I am almost positive (correct me if I am wrong any sap employees) that sap helps pay for there certifications. If it means independents, well it is not there job to make you money. And most companies with SAP are large enough to send people to classes and conferences.

The company that I work for has now payed for me to become a SAP XI Technical Consultant Certification. They are also sending me to TechED where I plan to take the SAP Security certification exam.

The Certification just gives you more credentials on your resume. I currently do not have a college degree and will probably never end up getting one. But every certification on my resume makes me worth so much more.

Of course SAP is in it for the money... so is every big business that has a certification path. But that path shows employees/prospects that you have the capability to do the job they are offering you.

Ok now that I went on way to long... I hope that helps. It is hard to answer when there is no clear question more of a comment.

Best Regards and Good Luck in your consulting career,

Paul Ksobiech