cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting msgs from Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

How can i delete msgs from the Adapter which i see in t-code: IDX5.

i need to this to decrease the size of xi_af_msg table as it keeps growing.

thanks

tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was bit confused as you are asking how to remove at the adapter level..that is messages that are queued foor outbound/inbound processing.We can remove the messages from the queues using those transaction.

We can follow the deleteing archiving messages or also delete all messages from SXMSPMAST and programs are there to delete messages incase we donot require to archive the mesages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it depends on adapter you are using.

For idoc adapter (ABAP-based) - smq1 and smq2 might be sufficient.

However for RFC adapter, go to visual admin -> and clear cache for XI CPA Cache service and XI AF messaging service.

Dmitriy

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony.You are right.Are you looking at deleteing the messages from idoc/rfc adapter then you have to delete them in either in inbound queue or outbound queue in smq1 or smq2 transactions in the ABAP stack.I think J2EE also specific methods for flushing out the messages and also I guess the messages are not persistent in the adapter except for asynchronous.Iam not too sure wether am able to address your issue right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sravya,

smq1 and smq2 are for the queues. I don't think you can delete msgs there.

in t-code: SARA object: bc_xmb, click on DB tables, you will see tables part of the delete/archiving run.

the first one IDX* is which holds msgs that appearin IDX5 also. there scheduling a run/delete run in SARA should get rid of msgs from IDX5(xi_af_msg table from j2ee side).

thanks

tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi arpit,

i don't think this will help delete msgs out of adapter.

thanks

tony

Former Member
0 Kudos