Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pl. Deliv. Date and Material Availability Date

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Here is my query:

We have a requirement that after receiving the stocks from supply points at the warehouse against a MTO order for Geography A, there is a gap of some 45 days for commercial processes - before the goods can be physically dispatched. Thus, there is a need to pre-pone the requirements to be provided to supply points by 45 days for these demands.

We could have managed this with GI Time, but the problem is that for geography B, there are also forecasts(MTO could be 100, forecasts:1000) for the same SKU for which no time gap is there once the stock is available at the WH.

How can this be managed in APO?

Is it possible that during order punching in R/3 itself, the 2 relevant dates Pl. Delivery Date & Material availability date can be modified - Since it is the material availability date in the Sales order’s line item is considered as the demand date for Planning in APO.

That is,

For a order with Pl. Delivery date 28.11.2007, can the material availability date can be automatically pre-poned by 45 days to 14.10.2007 and the date of 14.10.2007 and be read by APO as the demand date for the order.

I looked at Loading Time, Material staging time, Tranportation Planning time, but their formats are hh:mm - with which 45 days cannot be mapped.

Look forward to hear from all.

regards,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess in R/3 the MAD date gets determined through multiple times like pick/pack time, planned delivery time, GI time, route time etc. If you are not using those fields in R/3 you should explore one of them to model the 45 days in commerical processes. Why dont you try to model it in Planned Delivery time that can accept the days format?

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have limited info. about options on R/3 side. Do you mean i could configure these times to dd format rather than existing hh:mm format? if yes, could you elaborate?

regards

S

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IN MRP2 tab there is Planned Delivery Time that can be entered in days. Include the staging time in that time. Let me know if it works.

Answers (0)