cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver administration (nwa) and useradmin page have java error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I setup NW SP2 successfully on 2 server. On 1st server, I run http:/<ip>:<port>/nwa as well, but on 2rd server, there are errors about java. Error summary:

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

If the information contained on this page doesn't help you to find and correct the cause of the problem, please contact your system administrator. To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page. Hint: Most browsers allow to select all content, copy it and then paste it into an empty document (e.g. email or simple text file).

Root Cause:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 21

at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1441)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.client.HtmlClient.fillStaticTemplateContext(HtmlClient.java:516)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.client.HtmlClient.sendResponse(HtmlClient.java:1213)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.client.HtmlClient.retrieveData(HtmlClient.java:252)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doRetrieveData(WindowPhaseModel.java:595)

... 26 more

I don't know the reason why? Can you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks very much,

Tan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

Please follow this link it will solve your problem.

/message/3568817#3568817 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Award points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hariprasad,

I followed your link, but the problem is still happen. Can you show me another way?

Thank much,

Tan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

You need to clearly mention your problem, like exatly which operation you are trying to perfirm? sometime your browser also creates some problem . So try to clear all the temp. files in your browser and run the application and pasethe log and what application you try to run.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hari,

I solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

But you did't awarded any point's to me? , you can explain how did you solve it? or where the problem is? and close the qusetion. It will be very help ful to another new starter.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari.,

I setup Linux AS 4 Update 4 with 12GB swap space (4GB RAM in server) and error happened. I tried to setup Linux again with 8GB swap space, everything's ok.

Regards,

Tan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tan,

Thanx for your promt update, now you can close this question.

Regards,

Hari.