cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO output via Fax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have to send PO via fax and xml. Since I am not completely aware of configuring output in SRM, can anyone please guide me what configuration settings are required to send POs via fax to vendors- in short how do we configure ouput in SRM? We want it to be an automatic process. The moment PO is created and approved it should go out to the vendor by fax. Now to achieve this what settings are required in SRM? Also we'll be using a third party server for sending out the POs to the vendor via fax. Any inputs, OSS notes or knowledge sharing will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil

To achieve this you'll need a third party fax solution, ie Rightfax.

You need to set up SAPCONNECT for faxing and you'll also need to set the default communication method for your vendor to be Fax and have a fax number maintained within the vendor master record.

Once all this is done you should be ready to go.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your input. I have awarded points to both of you..I need to ask you two things-

1. Who is responsible for setting up SAPCONNECT for faxing- Basis Team or Functional configuration team?

2. How do we set up SAPCONNECT for faxing? Can you please let me know the details- Which configuration settings are required for this? Can I get any document on the same?

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil

From my experience it's the BASIS team that would do all the required steps for the fax communication node within SCOT.

I haven't got any other details on how to set this up as I just leave it to them.

It might be worth having a word with your BASIS team and see what they can do for you.

Regards

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Keith.

Regards

Kapil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard customizing task.

In SRM SPRO,

(in transcation BBP_PO_ACTION_CONF :

Define Actions for Purchase Order Output)

you have to change the output action.

There is a drop down list with possible output options:

- via selection report (defined as default in SRM)

- during document saving: once approved, the doc is output immediatly

- I don't remember other options..;

So the PO output will be automatic, and the medium will come from the vendor master data.

OR

schedule a batch job to run RSPPFPROCESS

see note 896858 & 872843 for details.

BR,

Vijay Mittal.

Please award the points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks VIjay..What I understand from you is- In transaction BBP_PO_ACTION_CONF we can customize the ouput method. Now I think there are four options available here- print,mail,fax and XML. These are standards delivered by SAP. I don't think we need to change anything here- please correct me if I am wrong. I think these settings need not be changed for my requirement. If yes then which specific settings are to be maintained? Can you explain in detail.

Regards

Kapil