cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Software for the iSeries

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SAP 4.6C on an iSeries with v5r2. We will be upgrading to ERP 2005 and v5r4 within the next 9 months.

Our EDI software (EDI Edge) is a PC based system that has to create iDocs and FTP them to the iSeries where we have written ABAP programs to process the data. The iDocs flow in both directions.

EDI is a critical application for us as more than 60% of all order lines come in via EDI. The process has become very complicated and Windows servers make it even more so.

After our upgrades next year, we would like to move the entire EDI process to the iSeries.

The question I have for the forum, is how do others handle EDI? What software do you use? What VAN?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ENTRACK is one software that provides a GUI interface for the IBM iSeries400 and Windows Operating Systems. Meaning, you can keep the EDI on windows and can use the ISeries data/ programs through an interface on Iseries. You can use this on internet or private VPN.

Another one, I know is Gentran, used earlier on SAP.

With ENTRACK you can directly use EDI on Iseries itself. Compatibility with ECC5 should be checked. Why don't you upgrade to ECC6?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like Philip, we are running Inovis.

We run Inovis on a separate machine due to licensing issues (it's still on our legacy box, an old 730, from our pre-SAP days), and we transfer data in and out of SAP from the legacy machine using Idocs etc.

We will be migrating Inovis to the same I5 that SAP runs on very shortly,as we are performing a server consolidation. We may still run Invovis in a separate partition, however, and leave the overall processing architecture the same. Those details are being worked out.

Good luck

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

We use Inovis Trusted Link for iSeries with ECC 5.0 and ECC 6.0. It runs on a small 800 series P-05 group server.

Regards,

Philip Stracener