Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA - Error while transferring users

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently configured CUA as follows:

Solution Manager (SM1) --> Central System

ECC Development (DEV) --> Child System

The CUA configuration was setup correctly and we have checked the entire configuration.

We were able to transfer all the users except a few batch user IDs from DEV to SM1. When we try to transfer these Batch User IDs we get an error message “<b>Invalid User Type D</b>”.

(The Batch User IDs are background User IDs for running some HR related jobs).

What could be the reason for this?

Is User Type being “System” is the problem?

(These Batch User IDs are of user type “System”) (There are a few other IDs (like SAPHRJCO and SAPFINJCO) which have type “System” and still got transferred to the central system without any problem).

Please suggest what should be done about this.

Thanks in Advance,

Raj

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Batch UserID might be the one being used by CUA [Logical System]. In Solution Manager run SM59 and check on the ABAP connection to DEV. In the Logon and Security tab, verify the user ID, if it is your Batch UserID this will always error out. It is not a big deal to have this user ID transferred. As long as the following test passes:

1. SM59 "Test" and "Authorization" connection passes. Let me know if you need details on these test.

2. SCUA is on GREEN after it was configured an save.

3. In SU01 you can add the DEV in the Systems Tab and also add a role from the DEV client.

FYI. I am not a big fan of the Solution Manager in a CUA especially when it is the Master.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

The batch user ID is NOT the one being used by CUA. In fact there are about 25 batch user IDs which are not getting transported.

I was able to transfer 1500 other users without any problem (and these included CUA System User and other System Users like SAPHRJCO and SAPFINJCO).

The points (1), (2) and (3) (from your post) all work as expected.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas ??

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos

Service User ID should not be a problem.

What version of Solution Manager do you have and what system and version is the child in DEV.

0 Kudos

Central System --> Solution Manager 4.0

Child System --> ECC 6.0

Thanks for your time on this thread, John.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Try to synchronized the Company Addresses. In SCUG click on Company Addresses and Distribute to All Child Systems then try your user transfer again.

FYI. We are running the same version but I don't have Solution Manager in any CUA.

0 Kudos

I have tried doing that before. I did it again. But did not help.

Last option would be that I will have to create those User IDs manually in my central system SM1.

Please suggest if you can think of any thing.

Thanks Again for your time on this thread.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Raj,

I am out of ideas. As you suggested manually creating the user IDs will be your best bet.

Good Luck!