cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the password for PI service users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the SLD configuration document, i have changed the SLDAPIUSER to PIAPPLUSER while configuring SLD.

I have the following queries:

1. When i executed sldcheck transaction, business systems are not displayed even though we maintained the business systems in SLD. When i access sldapicust transaction, the user name i gave was PIAPPLUSER. is there any connection between this transaction and the SLD.... That is will the system check for the user provided in sldapicust transaction with that of SLD side?

2. When will the business systems be displayed in sldcheck?

I have specified PIAPPLUSER in SLDAPICUST transaction. We are not able to login to R/3 using PIAPPLUSER id. Is this the reason we are not able to see the business systems in Sldcheck transaction?

I have configured LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI RFC connection and it is working fine...

3. Can we log on with PI service users like PIAPPLUSER, SLDAPIUSER, PIAPPLUSER in R/3 side....? We are able to login with PISUPER, PIDIRUSER users...Can we change the password for service users?

4. After changing the passwords for service users in su01as well as in exchage profile, do we need to restart the J2EE engine? If so is it enough that we can restart from SMICM transaction-> Administration ->J2ee Instance(local) -> Restart or we need to restart from MMC

Kindly help me... Your response highly appreciated....

Thanks,

Madhukar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Madhukar,

1)Check the password for PIAPPLUSER.

2)As long as PIAPPLUSER is service user ,you cannot log in.If you want to check the password then change the user type to Dialog then log in.But remember that you revert back to service user once your work is done.

3) We cannot login with service users but if you want to log in then change the user type to Dialog from SU01.

4)No need restart the J2EE Engine after changing the passwords.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur replies... But i have a small query...

Is it mandatory to list the business systems in SLDCHECK transaction for communicating with XI. I have configured ABAP proxy settings as well...

please help me...

Thanks ,

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it mandatory to list the business systems in SLDCHECK transaction for communicating with XI. I have configured ABAP proxy settings as well...

Yes. Otherwise your interfaces would fail.

You need to maintain xi user ( SLDAPIUSER) details using TC :SLDAPICUST..

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Thanks for ur post... Actually, i changed the SLDAPICUST user to PIAPPLUSER as given in the SLD configuration guide.... Is this the reason am i not getting the list of business systems....

Thanks & Regards,

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

PIAPPLUSER should not be a problem.Most cases we use PIAPPLUSER or XIAPPLUSER in XI systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow according to the note.

936093 XI 7.0: Change passwords of XI service users

Thanks,

Tanuj