Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compay code access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

We have setup our roles as two sets; one set with org level access and other set with transaction codes/functional access. Whenever a user is setup we assign functional role and appropriate org level roles so he/she will have access to the transaction for desired org level.

We have a user who has org. level roles for all company codes (read/write access). Now we need to restrict her access so she still has access to all company codes for most transactions. But for few transactions she could only view for certain company codes. I have told them this will not be possible unless she uses two separate ids for two scenarios.

I know there exist a context sensitive solution in HR where you can link STR. Profile to a master record infotype. Is there similar solution to non HR data?

I would appreciate your thoughts and inputs.

Thanks,

Netra

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

This won't work unless the auth objects for the few transactions are not used for any other transactions in which the user requires the full org level access. Lack of clarity around this sort of issue is just one of many of the limitations of using that particular approach