Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mutliple Idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question regarding the following

1. I will be getting multiple idocs of the same structure from R/3, I have to receive them and send it to the receiver.

2. Am importing the IDOC in the IR, do I need to change the cardinality for the idocs for receiving multiple idocs.

3. How XI will receive multiple idocs at the same time. Pls clarify

Thanks

Selvam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Selvam,

If your requirement is such that you need to collect these idocs, map them to a single file and then send it to the reciever, then the best approach would be to collect the idocs at R/3 and write it down as a single file to the server file system, as shown in the blog

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Then you can pick this file up and have it mapped in XI. But in order to map multiple idocs, check out Michael's blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

The reason that you can directly collect the idocs at R/3 and send it via tRFC to XI is that even if you collect the messages at R/3 and schedule a job to send it to XI thorugh a single transaction call, XI will treat the collected idocs from R/3 as individual messages and will map them individually and then send them as individual messages to the reciever(This is assuming that we want to avoid using BPM)

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Vikram

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can also refer to the following link for multiple idoc's.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Refer to following Blog

While mapping change the cardinality of the sending IDOC to 0.....unbound otherwise the bundling of IDOC will not occur

For Receving Multiple IDOCs we will use BPM.

The Follwing Steps u have to Follow

There will be one Exception branch for catching exceptions

One Deadline Branch

A Loop Step which will contain follwing steps

A Receiver Step

A container step

And outside this block we will have following steps

transformation step: will convert Multiple IDOCs to one File

and send step

PLease follow the following link for references

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.if you want to collect the multiple idoc you can use the BPM

suppose you are getting the three idoc's

the IP process will look like as below.

-->recv

start>fork>recv> transfm>send-->stop

-->recv

2. if you want the multiple idoc at the receiver side then you have to change the occurence of the idoc to 0..unbounded.

to change the cardinality the steps required are

1. open the idoc xml structure,select the complete xml , copy it and paste it in a Notepad , change the cardinality for the idoc,save it with any name as xsd extension.

2. now import the notepad fiel as external definition.

if you still face the problem please reply me back

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Selvam,

Check out this Michal Blog for bundling multiple idocs...

Also in outbound parameters of the partner profile if you set "Collect Idoc instead of transfer immediately..you can collect allk idocs in R/3 system...Now you need to schedule program RSEOUT00 to transfer collected idocs to XI system..

Otherway would be write BPM to collect all idocs in XI.

Hope this will help.

Nilesh

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>1. I will be getting multiple idocs of the same structure from R/3, I have to receive them and send it to the receiver.

Use BPM to collect it..That is if 10 idocs received till then collect and send it

2. Am importing the IDOC in the IR, do I need to change the cardinality for the idocs for receiving multiple idocs.

Yes

3. How XI will receive multiple idocs at the same time. Pls clarify

It will collect as per the sheduled time or number

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u need to use either BPM or need to collect the IDOC's in some file server and then use them in the scenario.

thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look at the following two blogs to illustrate both the approaches

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

thanx

aamir