cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the diff between implimentation and support projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am fresher in SAP basis.i am very intrested to know about support and implimentation.pls any one send me what are the diff between these two.

regards,

balaram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Implementation is load the SAP in company according to their requirements.

onece finished implementation in company(go live) that production server will start no implementation is taken.

when company using that implementation means production server some problems will come or they want some cofigurations need in this type works to do they need some support the their production serever.they will made some contracts to support the their production server. this is the main role of supporting part

hope you will understand this concept

Prem

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaram Reddy,

Welcome to this Forum.

Please Find the below the Differece between Implementation and Support Projects in which the Consultants roles and Resposibilities:

In Implementation:

Consultant will be working from the all the phase of Implementation

Ex:- work starts from Scratch

The roles will be

how u had participated in each phase of the implementation.

how u had solved the gap analysis

what are the configurations u had done

what are the customizations u had done

what are the requirements given to abaper

what are the new things u had done in sap and what is the need for them

how do you prepare bpml's

how do you prepare userexits

how do you prepare smartforms

how do you prepare functional spec's

what is cutover strategy

what type of testing’s u had done

In support :

Once it is SAP is Implemented to Client, and come across N no of issues on which the consultant will be working.

Ex:- Problem Solving

Sovling the Tickets / Issues.

Preparation of BPP’s( Business Process Procedures)

Reporting to the superior

updating the status of tickets

communicating with client in some cases

configurations to be done if new requirements arise

these will be done in concern with pm and sla

sla's ( Service Level Agreements ).

Hope this Clarifies your Doubts and Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

When a client does not have an ERP system or is currently on a non SAP system then we would have to start the work on implementing SAP from square one. It would have five phases namely Project Preparation -> Business Blue Print -> Realization -> Final Preparation -> Go Live.

Once SAP has been implemented the client would require some one to take care of their system for smooth running of the business activities and continous improvement. After implementation the users could come across issues and errors this has to be addressed by the support team.

Hope you got a fair idea. Do reward if so.

Regards

NP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friend,

As a functional you find these are the main aspects of an implementation and support project. An end to end implementation, I think it won't be possible for me or anybody to define everything but I will try to summarize it:

1. Functional consultant is expected to generate knowledge about the current business process, design current business flows, study current business processes and its complication, in all we can say getting through with current business setup. Flow diagrams and DFD are prepared, most of the time in Vision format, all this forms the part of AS IS document.

2. Everything configured has to be documented as per their categories in the form of predefined templates, these have to be then approved by the team leads or who ever the consultant is reporting to.

3. Mapping and GAP analysis is done for each module, I have seen people defining integration after mapping, gap analysis and configuration is done, but as per my experience in implementation, it is a simultaneous process.

4. Before starting configuring future business processes in SAP, the DFD/ERD are prepared, this documentation is called TO BE, which can be also siad as the result of mapping and gap analysis.

5. Sometimes Functional consultants are also expected to prepare test scripts for testing the configured scenarios.

6. End user manual and user training is also expected from F.Consultants.

The project normally starts off with a Kick off meeting in which the team size, team members, reporting system, responsibilities, duties, methodlogy, dates and schedules, working hours which have been predicided are formally defined.

ASAP, it won't be possible for me to explain it here, but all I can tell you about it is that it is SAP standard implementation methodology, which SAP prescribes but is not mandatory for any company to follow, such as IBM follow some blue Methodlogy, some companies follow typical SDLC steps, ASAP stands for Accerlated SAP, you can find all the steps on SAP site, through google, reading it from there won't give you a great knowledge about ASAP but will obviously get you to know the definitions of various term.

The responsibilities of as a support consultant are:

1. Primarily responsible for Handling tickets and application support to the endusers

2. When an issue comes diagnose, analyse and solve the issue

3. Responsible for any enhancements

4. Writing functional specs and interacting with Abapers to develop any user exits

5. Training the end users and preparing end user training material

I suppose it must be clear, if not come again with doubts.