cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XWindows client for Redhat EL5/Oracle 10g

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install Solman 4.0 on to a Redhat EL5/Oracle 10g platform but the sapinst screen does not refresh when we move through the installation. The xwindows client is CYGWIN and is running on a WinXP workstation.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to fix it? May this be because of a problem with the xwindows client? If so can someone recommend a shareware xwindows client to use? We are currently at the most recent version for sapinst so I cannot patch that.

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

norbert_sieker
Explorer
0 Kudos

I know this effect with cygwin/X.

I see several options:

1. Resize the window everytime an update was made, then the window will be repainted. That's annoying, but it works.

2. install sapinst locally on your WinXP and start sapinst in server mode.

3. try another XServer like XDeep/32 or X-Win32

Norbert

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additionally,

start a vncserver on your RHEL5 box, connect with vncviewer from your windows box, and start sapinst in there. Even after a disconnect from vncserver, sapinst will continue running. This is a very convenient way, because Linux and Windows clients can connect to vncserver. You can even switch computers while sapinst will continue to run.

Thanks,

Hannes Kuehnemund

SAP LinuxLab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Norbert. We were doing option 1 but that was very irritating. So we are moving to Option 2 which is not difficult to setup and works very well.

Thanks for helping with this.

Steve

Answers (0)