cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrive excel sheet data in to SAP xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please give the suggestions ,how we can retrive excel sheet data from SAP xMII

Thanks

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javaqa/2001-06/04-qa-0629-excel.html

I havent tried it, but maybe you can set up the Excel sheet as a datasource in xMII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though it may be possible to access some data sources like Access and Excel from ODBC/JDBC, it is not recommended due to performance, scalability and stability issues.

It is understood that without the SAP xMII OLEDB UDS accessable this causes a period of time that a 'hack' may be needed. That said, the SAP xMII OLEDB UDS is still the 'right' solution, and any ODBC/JDBC solution should be considered a temporary/hack solution.

Martin.

P.S. I feel all your pain that xMII OLEDB UDS isn't available yet, and we are trying to push it out to you (the customers) as quickly as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Problem was solved by using ODBC/JDBC bridge.Can you please guide how to do the same thing with xMII OLEDB UDS.

Thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn't recommend using ODBC/JDBC bridge in a production application. It runs native code inside the web server/app server, has many issues with memory leaks, and could very easily crash your xMII server.

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have to OLEDB UDS, then just look at the help documentation and that should guide you through the process.

If you don't have to OLEDB UDS then you are unfortunately going to have to wait until it is re-released.

Martin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

I have one excel file. I configured xMII server for this.

The connection status is also fine.

But when I open query template to access this file I didn’t see any table.

Can you please help me in this case? I am using ODBC driver.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I worked out the solution on my own.

Now I can see the table declared in excel file using query template.

I define the name range for the excel file..

<b>But now the problem is we define constant range for the table.

What if data in table is going to vary?</b>

Warm regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

1)In the Query Template select the SQL query Type.

2)In the tables and columns it will not show anything.Even though u will get the Result.

For example select the Fixed Query mode

select * from [Employee$] and test it it will display the table data.

Employee is the First tab in the Excel sheet by default it will be sheet1,sheet2 and etc.Rename it to sheet1 by Employee.

You can create lot of sheets(Tables) in the Excel.

I hope your question is answered.

Thanks

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

1)Create Query Template of SQL and select the mode forexample Fixed Query

it will now any tables and Colums then also you will get Result based on the which sheet and what query you are using the Query

select * from[Employee$]

select * from[Dept$]

sheet1 is renamed to Employee

sheet2 is renamed to Dept

Thanks

Srikanth

Thanks

Srikanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont really know how to get xMII output in excel format, but a little suggestion which might help you.

You can take output of SAP xMII output in XML Format and then can create an xml template in excel. With the help of xml import, you would be able to populate data into the excel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth

If u hv any file (be it excel, word, ppt or watever) on FTP server in ur local system, then u can retrieve that desired file from ur local system using FTP server details to SAP-xMII server. Here u can download free the FTP server using this <a href="http://www.wftpserver.com/">site</a>

U must create an user account on FTP Server, say u hv user name : Guest & Password : 1234

And ur local system IP Address : 125.125.125.125

In Business Logic Services, Use Action <b>FTP Get File</b> with following configuration details

FTP Server : 125.125.125.125

Port : 21

User Name : Guest

Password : 1234

Remote Folder : Srikanth (If u hv the desired file to be retrieved in the folder named 'Srikanth' in C: drive in ur local system)

Remote File : Test.xls (the desired file's name)

Local File : C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Test.xls

Then execute the transaction. U'll find a copy of the file in SAP-xMII server with that path name : C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Test.xls

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only supported way is to use the SAP xMII OLEDB UDS, which is currently not available, but should be eventually.

Martin