cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files to be deployed on J2EE server for Conversion Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on XI 3.0 SP18 and need to try out a scenario using conversion agent. I have a few questions :

1) What are the *SDA files that need to be deployed onto the J2EE server as a part of the Conversion agent engine

2) I also read that - these *SDA files are to be deployed using SDM- is this SDM installed as a part of the XI install ? Or is it something to be installed separately ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

First we will Design and configure Conversion Agent data transformations. Then you test the data transformations within Conversion Agent. You can download conversion agent from SMP this to your desktop and you can do above two steps on your desktop.

Once you are done with the development and testing then you have to deploy the data transformations as Conversion Agent services in J2EE engine via SDM. Once we deploy we will run the services in SAP XI ie., we will use them in your communication channel as modules.

Regarding your questions:

<i>1) What are the *SDA files that need to be deployed onto the J2EE server as a part of the Conversion agent engine</i>

The data transformations what you have deveoped will be deployed as Conversion Agent services.

<i>2) I also read that - these *SDA files are to be deployed using SDM- is this SDM installed as a part of the XI install ? Or is it something to be installed separately ?</i>

These you have to install manually according to your development.

I also recommend to go through the conversion agent documents for more help on this. Do a search in SDN you will have all the documents.

Regards,

---Satish