cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreating WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST JCo Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm trying to access some bapis from a webdypro application and when creating the JCo Connections i get the following error when i test them:

"com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=idesdev GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DEV MSSERV=sapmsDEV PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsDEV' unknown TIME Fri May 13 11:54:24 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 494 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsDEV' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1 "

Actually, I have deleted the standard WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST destination and while recreating this JCo I am facing this problem.

WD_MODELDATA_DEST JCo is working fine.

The R/3 system I have is a single server and not a load balanced server. Hence, I am not able to generate the list in logon pad for the given message server(sapmsDEV), which can be used in creation of Data Dictionary based JCo.

How can I mask a Single server as a Load Balanced server, so that I can use it for METADATA_DEST JCOs?

Thanks.

Puneet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

You have to make entry in services file under <drive>:windows/system32/drivers/etc location.

Make following entry in this file:

sapmsDEV 3601/tcp

Here 3601 is your messege server's port number.

save this file and restart thr J2EE Engine.

At time of creating JCO destination, you specify single server instead of load balancing server.

Then try again and let me know

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

adding to Bhabik's comment.. you have to create the Metadata destination through load balanced server. Probably you have seen already that the Single Server radio button gets disabled while creating the JCo destination for Metadata destination. For this you have to make entry in the services file as Bhabik specified. Please remember the Message Server port number will be 36xx where xx is the system number of your r/3 system. This entry is required in the services file of your j2ee engine as well as that in the r/3 server.

Hope it helps!!!

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip,

Yeah...this is what I wanted to know.

My R/3 server name is 'DEV' and J2EE engine server is 'J2E'....So what should i Define in both the services Files????

sapmsJ2E 3600/tcp or

sapmsDEV 3600/tcp

Thanks in advance.

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

as I told.. it should be for the R/3 server.. i.e. it should be sapmsDEV 3600/tcp. Please remember there should be one entry for your J2ee engine also.. but that should be there automatically .. you dont need to create it.. its entry should be sapmsJ2E 3600/tcp. But you should be interested about the first one.. i.e. sapmsDEV.

regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

I guess I am getting confused

In the R/3 system(DEV) I have this entry:

sapmsDEV 3600/tcp

and in J2EE system(J2E) I have this entry:

sapmsJ2E 3600/tcp

and you are suggesting that in the J2EE system (J2E) I should now have:

sapmsJ2E 3600/tcp

sapmsDEV 36??/tcp

Kindly confirm if I am getting it right and also help me with the port for sapmsDEV entry (which as per your last mail should be 3600, can two services run on same port?)

Thanks.

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

You have to add entry for your R/3 system means you have to add line sapmsDEV 3600/tcp in services file.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

and you are suggesting that in the J2EE system (J2E) I should now have:

sapmsJ2E 3600/tcp

sapmsDEV 36??/tcp

RIGHT..you need both of these entries in your J2EE engines services file. These ?? marks has to be replaced with the system number of the R/3 system.

Hope it helps!!!

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi punnet,

Yes Shubhadip Ghosh is right. Replace ?? with your SAP R/3 system number.

Restart server once after updating the services file!!!

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

Thanks for all the help and prompt replies. IT FINALLY WORKS

Regards

Puneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavik

Your recommendations helped us resolve our issue as well, thanks.

Regards

Sunny

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, i just wanted to say thanks for the post. I have been fighting with the dest config for a few hours. After adding the entries into the services file on the ce7.2 server the Jco META connection started to work.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was closely following this post as I had same problem with meta data thing now the JCO connections for both model_data and RFC_Metadata is established and it gave positive results when i tested.

But when i deployed and run the application it gives the following error:

<i><b>com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type extern:com.sap.tut.wd.flightlist.model.types.FlightModel:com.sap.tut.wd.flightlist.model.types.Bapisfldst could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException:

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getStructure(DataTypeBroker.java:297)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:753)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:761)</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

This link might be useful

Regards,

Jaydeep