cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Business Partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring service desk in solution manager 4.0 SP10 & am 'Assigning Business Partners to iBase Components'.

The on-line documentation says

"Assign business partners with the following functions to the new iBase component systems:

Administrator

Key User

Sold-to Party"

but the only options I have are

Contact Person

Employee Responsible

Sold-to-party

Service Employee Group

Ship-to

i.e. I don't have key user or adminstrator. Am I missing a BC set or has SAP just changed the names of the partner definitions?

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The key here is to identify the Sold-To-Party in IB52.

The Key User is also known as the Message Creator, and that information is populated in the Transaction Monitor screen based on business partner attributes.

I assigned business partners with those 3 functions in order to complete this step, but the assignment of Key User and Administrator doesn't seem to drive any other configuration (unlike the assignment of a Sold-To Party)

Remember you must make these assignments at the lowest level possible (i.e. at the system:client level).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that it doesn't really matter that I can't enter key user or adminstrator?

I entered the sold-to-party as normal. I figured that Contact person probably meant message creator, so I used that partner function; & I used employee responsible to mean the person responsible fopr message processing.

It just seems strange that I don't have the key user & admin options when I can't find anyone else with this problem.

Thanks

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark-

It is confusing because so many CRM terms mean the same thing.

Example:

Message Creator = Key User = General Employee = maybe contact person

Message Processor = Employee = Person Responsible

I entered key user and administrator in order to satisfy the config step, but like I said I do not believe it drives anything else. Here is how they are in my system

Sold-To Party <--> Sold-To Party

Contact Person <--> Key User

Administrator <--> Employee Responsible

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Mark

Answers (0)