Did you mean: 

Mails deleted when using Mail Sender Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a Mail to XI to File scenario.

Transport Protocol: POP3

Message Protocol: XIPAYLOAD

The mail is getting converted to a xml file in the folder specified in File Adapter, but it gets deleted directly , I dont recieve any mail in my Inbox.

I have used POP3 so there is no checkbox where i have specified to delete the mails after reading.

Also another strange thing is when i try to send a mail to myself , this mail is not converted to XML and it comes to my Inbox.

Any clues why such a strange thing happens!

Thanks

Meghana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup, that works only with IMAP.

Thanks a lot for all the replies Monika n Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

How can you say they are not coming to the mail box..Since after reaching the mail box only,they will be converted into xml..

Try to monitor you mail box constantly ,also press refresh again and again if required..i am sure because of the time stamp they might be coming and getting deleted faster..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Also can you please close the thread you opened yesterday for tha same scenario,,since with this new thread i feel your queries are solved on how to configure mail to file..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then do I have any way to stop the mails frm getting deleted after being processed?

Also, its not a consistent deletion, If I refresh my Inbox before XI is able to process it, then that mail is not deleted but it is also not processed.

Please pardon my lack of knowledge.

Thanks

meghana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes dear..

I will explain you the process behind it.See first the mail comes into the mail Box..for that time period you will be able to see it.Now when it gets deleted,this is time when XI has picked up your mail and processed it to give you the file.Exactly after few seconds when you refresh it (when required) you can see the xml in your target directory.

Get back if you have more doubts.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Monika, that was really informative.

1. Do I have any way to stop this deletion from the Inbox, can I have such a thing that my mail will be in xml as well as in my Inbox?

Thanks

Meghana

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. As Monika already mentioned: First come, first serve.

That´s the way, pop3 works.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Sender Mail Communication Channel,there is a check box

Delete Mails Once read

Try unchecking it

Thanks

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is only available for imap, not for pop3.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the default case your mail will be processed and get deleted too.

Next thing, the mails which will not be processed properly shall remain..so how are you sending mails to yourself.

Thanks