cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignored Resources Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the information at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c3/e3a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm regarding the setting in NWDS for the "Ignored Resources Settings".

I do both types of projects (3a) J2EE using only DTR, (3b) Web Dynpro Component projects using NWDI.

The URL above indicates that I need to change my "Ignored Resouces" setting differently in relation to the .project and .classpath files but as this is a global setting this is can lead to issues (i.e. forget to change global setting when switch from one project type to another).

Can anyone shed some light on this issue. It seems bizzare to me to have ignored resources as a global setting in NWDS when one can do all kinds of different projects using or not using NWDI.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One clarification.

I recently added a new Web Dynpro DC to my SC in NWDI and when I go to the DTR perspective in NWDS and view the development configuration I see that the .project and .classpath files are indicated to be only local.

This is interesting in that my NWDS Ignored Resources settings has both files unselected which should mean they are versioned controlled in the DTR. Is NWDI bypassing my NWDS setting and applying its own filter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

in contrast to the built-in CVS client the DTR client takes the "Ignored Resources" tab only as a hint, but does not enforce those settings. Especially if a file type is unchecked in the "Ignored Resources" it does not mean that the files are automatically put under version control. If you want a file under version control, you have to add it explicitly.

However, the "Ignored Resource" table is used for the DTR "workspace monitor":

this monitor recognized new files you create and based on the "Ignore Resource" preferences pops up a dialog suggesting to checkin certain files, or not. That's all you can influence with the "Ignored Resources".

To your questions with .project and .classpath: For DC projects in general (regardless whether you use the full-blown NWDI or just the DTR) you SHOULD NOT checkin .project and .classpath because they are generated from the DC definition. For ordinary projects you MAY checkin these files (to the DTR or CVS or any other version-control system). Some people prefer to checkin these files, others do not, that's merely a matter of taste.

Therefore, if you work with the DTR, it is not necessary to define the "Ignored Resources" on a per-project level (and as you found out it is not possible either). If you usually work with DC projects, uncheck .project and .classpath; otherwise check them and just press cancel if the workspace monitor suggest to checkin such files for DC projects.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your comments [...the DTR client takes the "Ignored Resources" tab only as a hint...] and [the "Ignored Resource" table is used for the DTR "workspace monitor] were the pieces I was missing.

many thanks.