cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tables: fetching only the integers not the string

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By clicking on a particular Reg.No. in the Reg.No. column, its navigating to next view, where i need the data to be populated by fetching from the corresponding row of table.

In the above said condition, everything is working fine.. but its fetching only the integer values and populating in the next view. its not fetching the string values and populating.. its not showing any error too

please help me out..

thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If your context is mapped to the controller and both the view are sharing the same context then you will get any value whether it is String or int or any other type. Just check once that your values are mapped properly.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

I have done everything in the same way and the context mapping was also done rightly. donno why its not displaying the strings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

Try to display the string values on the screen before passing to the next view ,this is to confirm whether the values are really going to the next view.

If the values are printing then there might be some problme in mapping.

use the following code

String name=wdContext.currentContextElement().getName();

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("Name:"+ name);

Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If you have mapped a context attribute called name then try writing this statement in your action of the UI element that takes you to the next view and in the WDDoInit() method of the next view.

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(wdContext.currentContextElement().getName());

Just tell me what are the values you get in both the case.

Regards,

Murtuza