cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File transfer with a Mail Confirmation using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure a scenario where I will pick a file, send it to the appropriate receiver and send an acknowledgement mail to a mail account.

I have created necessary business process, interfaces, mappings, data types in IR. Also, I have done configuration accordingly in ID.

My question is, how should I design the BPM so that after send/receive file task is complete, it would send a simple message to an email accound which includes a simple text like "message sent"? My scenario will get more complicated later, but for now, this would be more than enough.

I used file sender/receiver and a mail receiver communication channel in ID and configured them. My mail c.c. connects to a smtp server.

For the BPM, I start the process with a "Receive" step with my file interface message. After, there's the "Send" step which sends the file using the same abstract message interface to send the file to my receiver service.

No problem till here. This BPM works ok for these two steps.

For mail option, I added a third step to my BPM which is a "Send" step using the abstract mail interface I had created with a data type which only has a field containing my confirmation message. So, the new BPM is in order:

Receive File - Send File - Send Mail

But, this won't work. In the workflow, I can see a messages saying

Waiting for event 'RECEIVED' of object type 'ZXI_PROXY_G001_MI_IDOC_AB_0001'

and an error at Result Processing - Execution step.

Is this because there's no "Receive" step for my mail interface? How can I configure a simple BPM for this case?

Listing of steps for the BPM would be more than sufficient. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gökhan,

What is the receiver in your case? Bcoz if is synchronous then you can see if its successfully delivered or not and send email based upon the status . If its Asynchronous wht ever the case it might be, u will send an e-mail stating message sent. Could you please clarify the above functionality.

oops!! I'm sorry in your case File is the receiver, even though wht ever happened do u need to send email is it..

raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to send an email even if file sending is suceessfull or not, as this is a test case. My file interface is asyncronous also. Any ideas?