cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Variant Configuraton data from Sales Order stored in the database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that the "variant configuration" data (chosen values for each characteristics assigned to material) from a sales order is stored separately with reference of an object in SAP.

Please let me know how SAP stores such data -source in the database tables.

This is required to draw a report of these charateristics values for various sales orders (Transactional data).

I also understand that there are function modules to retrieve this data, but the function modules are unable to retrieve data as accurately as the VA03 program.

Thank you for your advice.

Regards,

Hemant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In table VBAP-CUOBJ

Then you call CUCB_GET_SINGLE_INSTANCE to get the detail of the configuration.

Do I get points for that ?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemat, I'd award points accordingly to those that helped get you this far.

To provide any more detail, more detail is needed from you. Is the "missing" characteristic value a standard cstic like the others? or is it a Reference cstic ?

Any special differences will help

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I do not know what a reference charactersitcs is,but there are all independant characeristics in terms of their values.

A guess it is because the VC data is changed after the sales order is created, the updated VC data is displayed properly only in VA02 or VA03 but other function modules fail to display the updated VC data.

I understand there is a relationship of instance -between sales order object and VC data object-which we need to update and then see the latest data.

Please let me know if anyone has debgged VA03 to know how the standard SAP program retrieves VC data in a sales order.

Thank you,

Hemant

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also check teh following database tables.

IBIB

IBIBT

IBIN

IBEXTINST

IBINT

IBINOBS

IBINOWN

IBSP

IBINDOMAINS

IBST

IBSTREF

IBINVALUES

IBSYMBOL

Reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to take the char values from the sales order, first of all you go to VBAP-VBELN as selection and bring the value from the field OBJNR, based on the OBJNR go to functional module VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION and enter OBJNR number in Instance field, then you get char values.

If helpful give me rewards

Rgds

GAUTAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this function module but the problem persists as follows:

There are four charateristics with values in a sales order. I'm able to get only three characteristice and their values through this functiona module. The fourth one is missing and I need to bring on a report.

Hence the VC data is not as accurate as VA03 program.

We need to find the ultimate place in database from where VA03 program is retrieving the VC data.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Hemant