cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an iView with a table for the output view and an input for the variables. However, the variable will always be the same that needs passed in. So, I don't want the user to have to enter it. I want the chart to default on load with the value I specify.

Can somebody help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found where you are talking about. However I am having trouble with what to put in the default value box. The value I need to pass is 001.2007

Can you help with the Text Expression I need to add?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Can you give some more details of your problem.

Are you using Input Form for giving values to your service or using Start point.

Regards,

Shemim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can pass this value as a string ' 001.2007 '.Also there would be a small icon saying fx near the default value field. You can select that, put the value which you want and check whether its in right format or not. If the expression you have entered is valid, it will give a message Formula Valid.

If you just want to pass this value and do not want to show the user what value is being passed, you can also use a start point.

We use input form, if we want the user to enter the value for variable or if we want to display what value is being passed. If we dont want to do either of these, in that case, we use a start point. In start point we can give default value and that value gets passed to the query at runtime and the user directly sees the result.

Cheers

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can specify the default value of the input fields to achieve that. If you dont want the user to enter any data or change it, you can disable it. All this you can do by going to the properties of the input field and defining the values you want to display in default section and checking the disabled checkbox.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Nidhi Malik