cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Diagnostics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am upgrading Solution Manager 4.0 from SP06 to SP09 while selecting the components during download I also see some components of Solution manager Diagnostics Instance.

In my current system which has SP06 when I select the components through SPAM there are no components of SMD do I need this components to be applied in order to get Solution Manager optimizer.

Or else what can be done should I go ahead and just apply components of instance Solution Manager and ignore components of Solution Manager Diagnostics

Thanks

Parvez Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parvez,

If you want to take SM to Stack 09 is always good that you take the whole system to the same level. read the documentation of the stack... you'll see and be able to download the right patch level

Just go to https://service.sap.com/sp-stacks -> click on stack download -> SP Stack SAP Solution Manager 4.0 -> then just choose the sourse and target stack and then download the support packs.. always read the stack info before

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

I have done what you mentioned selected the source stack as 06 and target stack as 09. In my current system there are no compnents of SMD, how can I directly apply the latest packages of the compnents when I dont have the older for SMD instance.

Thanks

Parvez Khan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parvez,

You don't need to patch the components you haven't installed... so just ignore them

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks for the update, however after stack 09 patch application will I be able to configure SM- Maintenance Optimizer if I do not have Components of SMD.

Thanks

Parvez Khan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parvez,

As far as i can see the Maintenance optimizer is part of component ST-400 (included in Stack 09), so you dont need any SMD components to use it

Hope this answer your question

Juan

Answers (0)