cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich text fields

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to pass html text from Abap to a rich text field on a form but I couldn't get it to work. Is it possible to use html (e.g. generated by the Business Text Framework Editor) or do rich text fields only support the tline format used by Smart Forms text modules?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you solve this problem?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Ari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

you pick up a nice theme which I was working on by getting frustrated

Can you tell me the TA of this mentioned Business Text Framework Editor?!

As far as I understand your problem, you have to pass XHTML, which is HTML but may be there is an error...?!Within the textfield you have to set the properties rich text and XHTML in the object tab.

Best regards,

Carsten

0 Kudos

Hello Carsten,

there is no tc for the business text framework editor, but you can use the classes in package SBTF in your own programs.

My problem with rich text fields is the following: I set the properties rich text and xhtml and it works if I use a text module or a table with tline structure. But this means that I am limited to the rich text features that were already possible with smart forms.

This is frustrating as it seems to be an unnecessary restriction for using Adobe Forms from abap. If you take a string, fill it with html code, pass it to a rich text field with xhtml binding the brackets get escaped. If you take a xstring, nothing happens.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Hello,

are there really no experts on this? The Business Text Framework now offers the possibility to enter html formatted text to abap programs so it would be nice if one could print those texts.

I traced the soap request from sfp to ads and noticed that brackets are escaped to & lt ; and & gt ;. The only time unescaped html data is sent from abap to ads seems to be while using smart form text modules.

I would need a way to turn of escaping for normal strings or tables.

tia

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have idea in print based forms.

In context create a text field, in the properties give the details as in smartform text module.

<a href="http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image004ax4.png">image of context properties</a>

0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

I think you mean a different thing. I don't want to use a text module. Rather I would like to display html data in a text field.

br

Sebastian