HTTP adapter>xi>IDOC adapter

Thankyou

SIM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I also tried the similar scenario (HTTP -> XI -> R/3) few days ago, here are the steps I did:

First download the Client HTTP Adapter tool from the following location:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sap-xi-admin

join this group and download the file <b>HttptestClient_adapter.zip</b> from Files section.

<b>Design Steps:</b>

Import the Idoc from the SAP System through <i>imported objects -> IDOCs-> Import of SAP objects</i>.

1) Create the Data types. Sender would be Http and receiver would be R/3.

2) Now create the message types.

3) Create the message interfaces.

4) Design the Message Mapping. Here you perform message mapping between the message types. Just to remind you sender is HTTP and receiver is the R/3.

5) Create the Interface Mapping. This is done between the message interfaces.

6) Activate you Design Objects. Go to the change list, right click and select Activate.

Design is complete.

<b>Steps to be followed in Creation of Technical and Business System</b>

<i>Technical System</i>

In SLD, click on technical landscape -> New Technical System -> WebAS ABAP.

<i>Business System</i>

1.Goto Business Landscape -> New Business System -> Name the business system.

2. Choose the technical system that needs to be attached->WebAS ABAP -> Technical System Name.

<b>Preconfiguration steps for transfer of data to IDOCS:</b>

1.Create a RFC Destination in <b><i>SM59</i></b> of XI Server of type.

2.In transaction <b><i>IDX1</i></b> ,create a port for the client of XI server.

3. The port has to be displayed in the <b><i>idx2</i></b> transaction and we should be able to view the idoc’s which we imported through integration repository.

<b>Configuration Steps:</b>

1. Goto service without party, right click -> Assign a business system.

2. Choose the business system to be added.

3. Create the Communication channels:

We don't need a communication channel for Http end since HTTP Adapter directly connects to the Integration Engine, neither

do you need a Sender Agreement. The <i>test client</i> would server the purpose.

4. Create an idoc receiver channel under the business system. Mention the RFC Destination and the port created for the same.

You can also go through this link:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

5. In the Application system side (R/3), create logical name for the HTTP Sender service and the business System in the transaction <b><i>bd54</i></b>.

6. Create the partner profile for the same in transaction <b><i>we20</i></b>. The Idoc type( which data is to be written) is mentioned as inbound parameter.

7. Mention the logical Name in the Service -> Adapter Specific Parameters of both the HTTP Sender Service as well as the business system.

8. Create the Receiver Determination and Interface Determination for the business system.

9. Create the Receiver Agreement for the Business system. Here we identify the communication channel through which the data is routed to the R/3 system.

10. Activate your Objects, Configuration is complete.

I hope if it helps, you'll give me points

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Informative and useful explanation on http->xi->r/3 communication. Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

you can test (send XML messages) with wfetch.exe:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284285

For working with XML or XML schema or XSLT I recommend XML Spy. Download free (home) version at www.altova.com

Regards,

Udo