cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Productive Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am developing interfaces, and testing them in an XI development system (client 100).

I have received from the basis team the XI productive system and they told me i have to request them to create a client.

I think they will mean i have to tell i want a Productive client, but i am new at this point.

Are there different clients (develpment, customizing, productive...) to be installed in an XI box??

Could anyone of you please refer me to any helpful guide?

Thanks in adavnce and kind regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there different clients (development, customizing, productive...) to be installed in an XI box??

According to my understanding..

XI is a little different when compared to R/3 in R/3 you can have the multiple clients on the same SAP instance and they can be considered as different environments as Dev, QA etc.... but in XI each XI instance can be considered as only as one environment you cant just create different clients for QA, Prod etc on the same XI instance. you will have to install XI separately for each of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dreamcatcher,

I think so, and i have worked with several servers (DEV, TST, QA &PRD) in the past, but here, in my current engagement, I only have 2 XI boxes (DEV & PRD). As they are XI, only 1 client is installed on each.

Client 100 on XID and client <b>XXX</b> on XIP.

Basis team, provide me logon details (SAPGUI) to the XIP server and they told me i had to tell them which client i wanted.

As it will be a LIVE environment i know that it has to be a productive client, BUT, my question is, is there any kind of 'client template' i can provide to BASIS in order to have it installed in XIP and n which i will be able to perform my adjustments in the future (create RFC_DEST, create ABAP proxies..., users and these cand of activities????

Can i say to Basis: i want the productive client to be installed on XIP??? just that??

Thanks a lot for your help, guys

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just ask the Basis to provide an ID to the existing XID. I hope it is sufficient.

What is the necessitity of an New Box.

U can create all your interfaces in the XID itself in the future.

Regards

San

there is a Way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi San,

I would prefer to create the productive client in the production server because of the resources (much memory, hard drives, WP, and so on).

So, from your posts, i assume that i dont have to create anything here, BASIS tema will create a productive client by themselves, is that correct or can i say to them you can copy the prod client from this other client?

David

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>I would prefer to create the productive client in the production server because of the resources (much memory, hard drives, WP, and so on).

The resource is there but since it is in live any changes that u make would cause to down the server create big issues.. It is always advised not to do the R&D in the prodution since it would affect the business.

So either we should have an developement/sandbox.

>>So, from your posts, i assume that i dont have to create anything here, BASIS tema will create a productive client by themselves, is that correct or can i say to them you can copy the prod client from this other client?

U can offcouse get an login for the Developement box.

Regards

San

there is a Way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David, generaly when you install XI -->after installing the ABAP stack you go on to install the JAVA stack and while doing this step you need to mention which client in your ABAP stack will talk to the JAVA add on. The client which you mention here is the XI client for this XI instance.

So if you already have a production XI box then basis should have already created this client for you.

Just to add, as there is only one production client you should not try to play around here.

Cheer's

Message was edited by:

Dreamcatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think i didnt explain correctly.

For sure, i will NOT test any interface in PROD environment

I will make all my R&D in the dev XI box, that is XID, client 100

Once i have all my stuff ready, i will import the tpz in XIP client ???

My question was quite unclear, i thought there was a default production client that Basis could installed in the production server, in order to be used in going live time.

So, as dreamcatcher says, i will use the client on which the java add-on is installed in XIP, is that correct? And i will only configure that box as pasrt of the cutover activities.

Thanks a lot

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah, you are right you will have to use that client during your cut over activities.

PS: I think somewhere in the middle of all the posts, your main question got lost

Cheer's

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

There exits 3 server in any organization.

1)Development server

2)quality

3)production server

So u are working in development server.once ur development is complete the intrfaces will be transported to production server via quality server.

<i>Are there different clients (develpment, customizing, productive...) to be installed in an XI box??>>></i>

develpment, customizing, productive...) these are not clients...

these are different servers.....

The client u r talking abt is ...related to each server.

for example you r working in client 100 of Development server..

similarly there may exist many client in the same server.

110,200,400 etc may be other clients....

Each server will have many clients......

regards

Biplab

<i>***Reward with points if helpful</i>

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Are there different clients (develpment, customizing, productive...) to be installed in an XI box??

It is based on the requirement.In common we have have systems like

1. Developement,

2. Acceptance,

3. Quality and

4. Production.

Developement system is where we develope our interface and test it.

The same changesg will be transported in to the rest of the systems and the Production system is the one whick runs in the Live.

These systems are specific on the Requirement in general we need atlest developement and production.

There may exists differents clients for an System.

Regards

San

there is a Way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Refer to this link for more information

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/78/217db451ce11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Kumar