cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Web Dynpro and XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to make use of XML as input to Web Dynpro. The reason is: The WD appln have to make a call to another appln to lookup for items. Those items on selection would be saved to XML file. And then that XML file would act as an input to WD Appln.

The questions that I have are as under:

1. Would it possible to make a call from WD application to another XX appln and transfer data (Header information) via XML from WD -> XX ? - May be by pop-up or external window

2. After selection of items from XX appln, would it be possible to call the WD appln again with the data that was selected? NOTE: The selected data is going to be saved in XML.

3.How do I create an XML file from WD?

4.How would I read an XML file save by XX appln in WD?

I would await your reply.

Many thanks,

Dharmi

Message was edited by: Dharmi Tanna

Message was edited by: Armin Reichert

(Branched into new topic)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

As an advance help,pls refer to this weblog by my colleague Uma which addresses similar kind of integration ie consuming a .net webservice in EP5.0.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/08/08/consuming-net-webservice-in-ep50

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Guru

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. This is what I thought of using Web Service but the client somehow wants to make use of their .NET appln to select the articles. But I guess making use of WS is the only possible option here.

Regards,

Dharmi

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have have your .net application as a webservice.Webservice are open standards in nature so they can be integrated across applications.Write a simple client in Webdynpro that will consumes your .net webservice.

For step by step procedure for consuming & handlings webservices refer the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/bb/c7423347dc488097ab705f7185c88f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

My suggestion is use the code by Valery

to create XML and saving the XML ,but transfer the data btn the popup and other views through context.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for the prompt reply. You all have replied on one aspect of how to create and save an XML. That problem is solved but I am still not sure how would i call Microsoft .NET appln from WD and transfer the contents back and forth?

Look forward to hear in that direction.

Regards,

Dharmi

p.s points to you all including Valery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Exposing your .NET functionality as webservice and consuming this webservice in Webdynpro is the best method to access .NET functionality in webdynpro.

So, expose your .NET functionality as Web service and then create one webservice model in webdynpro and then call this model.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dharmi,

It will be better to use Web Service for communicating with .NET. Thats the best way to communicate between any two different technologies. And as in WD we have this wonderful technology for creation of models through wizards its really easy to communicate with software process created on any technology from WD.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

you can create an XML file from a particular context node of your component. Say you want to create XML file representating the whole context tree, you should create XML file from the root node itself. For details of how to do this see the thread below

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmi,

Yes you can manipulate with XML using JAXB APIs.

You can download these APIs from java.sun.com site. Using this API, you can create XML file with structure similar to your context structure. And also you can read data from XML file and transfer into your context structure.

go through following link:

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/WebServices/jaxb/index.html

These JARs are also available freely on java.sun.com

Regards,

Bhavik