cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querry on transaction variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had earlier posted querry on the same , can some one please mail me the step by step procedure because by going through teh documentation am not able to understand teh whoel concept , i wantt o make the material descripition field as mandatory in sales order. please explain me in steps so that can try the same with TCODE SHDO.

Regards

Suvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Screen field can be made un editable through the user exit USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean to say this is the only solution I mean by using user exit ???????or do we have any other alternative

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunaina,

If u r not able to do the requirement with SHD0, the next option is Userexit,

So with the above Userexit u tell ur ABAPer to make the field as disabled in VA01 and VA02.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to make it uneditable at sales order level then use User exit.

If you want to make it at Material master then use field selection. I hope you know the OMS9 transaction code.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more querry is when i press ctrl+f6 , so as to make fields mandatory or disable , i want to make the field MAKT MAKTX , but then teh check boxes where in you can make makt maktx output only is already greyed out (am not able to select ) wht do i do pls guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the field VBAP-ARKTX i.e . material description in VA01

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Sir ,

iN SHD0 even (VBAP ARKTX) is not working output oly check box is greyed out i eman disabled , my doubt is may be this field is defined for input types , if so can some one pls guide me where the fields are defined for input an dout put type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U want that field as Mandatory right, make it as required field.. is the required field is enabled..check it..

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i dont want to make that field as mandatory , i want to make it as uneditable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls let us know, what is your objective?

The Material Description field is copied into the Sales Order from the Material master. If at all you want to make the description field mandatory, then it is advisable to make it mandatory at material master level, rather than at sales Order level.

Anyway, if thats your special requirement, then, instead of Transaction Variant, use the User exit to achieve this. It will be much more simple and effective this way.

E.g. In Program SAPMV45A,

include # MV45AFZZ ,

FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION

& USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

You can write a code (take abappers help) to make the Field VBAP - ARKTX as mandatory, by putting a condition e.g if that field is blank then system will give an error message etc.

Thanks and award points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I dont want to make the material description field as mandatory , but as uneditable ( so that no one can change the material description) , where exactly in material master can i do that ( diable so that no one can edit the text in it ie the material description)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings ,

i dont want to create a new transaction variant , in the existing transaction variant (BOUS2094) HOW DO I DO IT AND THE STEPS.Am sprry for the inconvinience am fresher trying my best

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Follow the below steps

Step 1:

Execute transaction SHD0 and create a Transaction Variant against the original transaction.

Step 2:

As soon as you press the create button, the original screen of the transaction will appear. After pressing any button/tab on the screen a menu variant screen will appear. Make sure to check any field or tab or any button you want to disappear from the menu functions. Press the exit and save button when you are sure that no further settings are required on sub-screens (if present). After pressing the exit and save button another menu variant screen will appear. Press the save button here and save as a local object or under any development class.

Step 3:

When you are back on the Transaction Variant (SHD0) screen, press shift+F6 or click the goto menu and press the create variant transaction button. Through this transaction SE93 will be executed. Enter the transaction name you want to create and any other required field and now press the save button.

<b>Step 4. Activate Standard variant</b> Path: SHD0 ( initial screen) --> Edit --> Activate standard variant --activate.

This will make the variant created by you as the default and active variant.

Step 5. [VA01] - create Sales order -- the required field would be mandatory.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

can some on epls let me know whats the table name for material description field , cos i wantto mak ethat particular field un editable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Table MAKT and field MAKTX

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use transaction Variant SHD0

Then enter the transaction code VA01

And select the programe SAPMV45A

Go to CHANGE WITH PROCESSING (F6)

Continue to press ENTER, and change what ever u want to make mandatory or suppress or display

Message was edited by:

SHESAGIRI.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is Step by step isntruction to create it

Step 1:

Execute transaction SHD0 and create a Transaction Variant against the original transaction.

Step 2:

As soon as you press the create button, the original screen of the transaction will appear. After pressing any button/tab on the screen a menu variant screen will appear. Make sure to check any field or tab or any button you want to disappear from the menu functions. Press the exit and save button when you are sure that no further settings are required on sub-screens (if present). After pressing the exit and save button another menu variant screen will appear. Press the save button here and save as a local object or under any development class.

Step 3:

When you are back on the Transaction Variant (SHD0) screen, press shift+F6 or click the goto menu and press the create variant transaction button. Through this transaction SE93 will be executed. Enter the transaction name you want to create and any other required field and now press the save button.

Step 4:

Now execute the transaction you create through create Transaction Variant and enjoy the results.

Hope it helps

Cheers