Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Good Evening ,

At one stage where i am using function Remove Context i have seen example but can't we use it where we have diffrent attribute as from the example it is used only where lineitem was same.i am confused how it is used?

Regards,

Komik Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>do we have to map all the fields after we use REMOVE CONTEXT ?

Remove context just removes the context i.e parent node after tat u have to map the fields.

regards

yugapreetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i am not using remove context then it also removes it from parent node.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i am not using remove context then it also removes it from parent node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komik,

Right click the Source field box, and Set context to Parent node, or Parent of parent node.....or any node in higher level of hierarchy,

and check the result

Regards,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do we have to map all the fields after we use REMOVE CONTEXT ?

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not necessary please check this blog by sravya which would speak of the function

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1f/ea0fb12403844bbb6c4cbc8a00cda9/content.htm

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/08/mapping-context-changes-in-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shah ,

u can use removecontext() to delete parent context of any item ..irespective of weather it is line item or not.

Remove context removes all the higher-level contexts of a source field thereby delete all hierarchy levels and generate a list.In simple form

removes all top hierarchy levels, so that all elements of the target queue are assigned to a root element of the source queue

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9d/308c4024d26e1de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Komik,

It will remove the contexts ...

i.e. all the values of the source fields in seperated by contexts ....will now come under 1 context as a set....

Regards,

Sushil.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use it on any field with any value coming in it.

it function is to remove the context and give you the all the field values in a single queue.