SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail EAN number

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi IS-R Experts,

Is there anyway of retaining the same EAN number once it is deleted,the constraint here being the numbers are internally assigned?

Or Is it possible to transfer the same EAN number to another UoM say from OTR to BLK after the article is saved.

Thanks in advance.

Aram.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aram,

The answer to your querry is that you can not assign the same EAN no to different UoM.

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I have recently learnt the process of retaining the deleted EAN number and also to change the EAN number to different UoM..

If you are really curious to know the answer,do raise a separate question then i would answer your query

Rgds,

Aram.

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

EAN should be unique for an article and unit of measure.

If you attach same EAN number to different UOM, then you will face lot of problems at POS. Therefore, you have to generate different EAN for each unit of measure.

As you are aware, sale price, promotion and bonus buys data transfer from SAP to POS through EAN only. Therefore, it is not advisable to transfer same EAN to different unit of measure for a same article code.

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Hi Muralidhara,

Yes..i do agree with what you are saying...but you know Client is God...it was Business who wanted to change it and hence it was the mistake of the user....so we had successfully done this operation for 2 cases...

1)Reuse the same EAN number which has been deleted....

2)Put the same EAN number for another UoM(say moved from OTR to BLK)...

So if you are really interested please wait until Vishal raises a question or u can also raise one..))

Rgds,

Aram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

How u do it?tell us the process?

Thnx in advance,

vikas

0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Can you please raise a new question since initially it was me who raised the question.

Now i would like to share the information to you all.I hope you would find that information useful.

Rgds,

Aram.